1. Ultra-high-speed recording of up to one million frames per second.
This newly developed IS-CCD*1 achieves ultra-fast recording speeds of up to one million fps.
*1 The IS-CCD is Shimadzu's unique CCD with image storage incorporated into the sensor chip to permit high-speed image recording.
* Patent US 6972795, US 7176972, EP/NL/GB/FR 1278246, DE 60104000.7
This product's IS-CCD image sensor was jointly developed in collaboration with Kinki University's Professor Takeharu Etoh.
2. Ultra-high-speed and high spatial resolution
With a conventional high-speed video camera, the spatial resolution drops off as the recording speed is increased. However, the HPV-2 spatial resolution does not deteriorate at high frame rates. It maintains excellent 312 x 260-pixel resolution at all recording speeds to permit detailed analysis of high-speed phenomena.
3. HPV-2 can capture a wide range of high-speed phenomena with the high sensitivity CCD.
A highly sensitive image sensor is essential to capture ultra-high-speed images using extremely short exposure times. The IS-CCD incorporates a high-sensitivity design that expands the light sensitive area per pixel to handle recording of a variety of high-speed phenomena.
4. Easy-to-use, multifunction software
Dedicated software in the control unit allows recording to start immediately after performing a few simple settings. Recorded images can be saved in general image formats such as AVI, BMP, JPEG, TIFF and 16-bit TIFF.